Founded in 2015 in west Sonoma County, Warm Spring Wind Farm provides premium hops and cider apples to local craft breweries, cider makers, and home brewers. WSW Farm is named for the translation of the word Chinook.
Founder and Sebastopol native Mike Stevenson has been a home brewer for several years. While he enjoys brewing as a hobby, growing hops has become his passion.
WSW co-founder Francis Hourigan, also a Sebastopol native, brings her professional experience in restoration ecology and passion for sustainability to provide knowledge of organic growing methods and efficient water usage.
To provide quality ingredients for the crafting of beer and cider using organic, sustainable growing practices with an emphasis on efficient water usage and low environmental impact.
- 1/4 acre of premium hops.
- Varieties include: Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, Re-cultivated Wild Cinder Cone Hops from Mt Shasta, Magnum, Mt. Hood, Sterling, Canadian Red Bine, Nugget, and Willamette.
- Heirloom Gravenstein apple orchard.
- Onsite composting.
- Heritage vegetable garden
- Onsite dog run with farm Huskies Homer and Juno
- Rare cider apple orchard plot at satellite Moonshine Farm